All category articles now have a Forward article.
The Forward article gives some information on the articles in its category. Plus in the Forward articles there’s links to each article with the name of each article. This makes it convenient for the viewer as they can choose the article they want to read at that time.
They can choose an article with the mouse and read it or come back to the Forward article and choose another one.
The Navigation Bar At the top of the screen is a horizontal Navigation bar where categories are displayed on it. Each category is a link and can be clicked on by a mouse user which takes them to a page of summaries of each article in that category. The summaries give a short description of the article with a link to the article, Continue reading.
If a category has a subcategory hovering the mouse cursor over it will drop down any article titles in it. Selecting an article title will take you to the article summary. The summary which after about 5 lines has a link,Continue reading. Which then takes you to the article.
On the Sidebar categories on the navigation bar are also listed. There are more categories which also can be selected (clicked on).
The Share Feature is at the bottom of every article
It allows viewers to share the article by posting a link to that article in an e-mail or on other sites shown such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
The Share Feature lets you send a way to the article to a friend or someone who might be interested. This is a great feature when learned how to use.
To share you have to have an account on the site you are going to share at. For the e-mail option you don’t.
When you clicked on the share link on any site, you would then be posting that article’s link to your account for others on that site to discover if they are your friend there. Many just use the Email Link.
If you’re not informed about the Share Feature its options are shown here.
Share this: heading level 3
Link, • Email
Link, • Print
Link, • Twitter
Link, • LinkedIn
Link, • Reddit
Link, • Facebook
Link, • Google
Link, • Digg
Link, • StumbleUpon
Link, • Tumblr
Using a Screen Reader
For using a screen reader JAWS functions will be used. For other screen readers, if needed consult their help or tech support.
JAWS a screen reader can select any of the link categories on the Navigation bar by pressing enter. Also the Side Bar has the same categories and more. Selecting a category takes you to a page displaying a Forward articles summary, the summary has a link, Continue reading.
Information on the articles is described in the Forward article, followed by links and title to each articles summary.
The summary has a few lines from the beginning of the article, the author name and a link, Continue reading. Using a screen reader like JAWS, everything, (the text) on a page is displayed in a column. But the sighted see the top middle bottom left and right side of the screen, so they operate in a different manner.
Most of the time you use the arrow keys for reading the text.
JAWS has many features for navigating.
- For quick navigation for links on a web site, bring up the JAWS link list, Insert F7.
- In the list of links, you can use the arrow keys or first letter navigation, which will scroll to a name of a link (category here), which you can select. Note, first letter navigation is first letter of the first word. Note, the JAWS link list, Insert F7 displays the navigation bars categories along with the Side bars list of categories.
- JAWS has a neat feature pressing h takes you to the next heading or shift h for the previous one. Websites with headings is very helpful in navigating.
- A link may take your interest, select it, if not press Alt left arrow or the back space to get back to the link selected.
- Selecting a category on this web site takes you to a page with a summary of one or more of each article in that category. Note, each summary of the article title is a heading.
- To read an article arrow down a few times from the beginning of the summary and select Continue reading,
- If you get confused go to the top of the page, Ctrl home, then press H to scroll to each summary.
- To get back to the Forward article, if Alt left arrow or the back space don’t work, press Alt F4. Then select the option: Close all tabs buttons or Close current tab button. Close current tab button takes you back to the Forward article where you can select a different article.
- If you want to get back to the Sidebar to pick a different category press Alt left arrow, you may have to press that twice. Note, if Alt left arrow doesn’t work try the back space key.
- The JAWS find command is very helpful: Insert (Jawskey), Ctrl F brings up the find command. In the edit box insert a key word to find, press enter. Note, on this web site the Find command only works on each individual page. Press F3 for next find, you may have to press it more than once to find it.
With a little experience it will be easy to navigate the site.