Today ecumenical efforts in the religious arena have a purpose of eventually uniting various religious bodies into one main dominating church. In the forefront of this movement are left leanings Lutheran Churches in America and has extended efforts for this to happen.
There are free-thinking religious bodies that give little regard to New Testament teachings, give membership to Homosexual clergy, abortion is ok, promote women as pastors, a woman is head Bishop in one now
Many Lutheran Churches Have Women Pastors, (A Person Having Care of a Flock or of a Congregation)
There will be many women who will take offense to the New Testaments Teachings on women’s involvement in the church service.
Women can participate though in adult bible teachings classes and can teach in bible classes for the young.
Of the millions of Christians attending the local Church of Christ churches there is no problem with the New Testaments church service as set forth by the commandments of the Lord.
Some scripture on women’s roll in the church service, 1 Timothy 2:11-15 (KJV)
- 11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
- 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
- 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
- 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
- 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Also in 1 Corinthians 14:34-37, women to be silent in church services.
- 34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
- 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
- 36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
- 37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
Christ Over Man, Man Over Woman”, 1 Corinthians 11:3 (NASB)
- 3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.
Scriptural authority, know that only men are qualified to be bishops 1 Timothy 3:1-7, elders Titus 1:5-8. Note, in the New Testament the office of a bishop is the same as the office of an elder and applies to a man only.
1 Timothy 3:1-7 (KJV)
- 1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
- 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife,
- 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
- 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
- 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
- 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
- 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
Titus 1:5-8 (KJV)
- 5 “ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee”
- 6 “If any be blameless, the husband of one wife” faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
- 7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
- 8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
God only permits men to speak and pray in the church service and have authority over men.
Referring to men, Ephesians 4:8, 11-12.
- 8 “and gave gifts unto men.
- 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
- 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ