- Church of Christ, first century
- The Lutheran Church
- The Baptist Church
- Church of England, in America, is Called Episcopal Church
- Presbyterian Church
- The Methodist Church
- The Pentecostal Church was started by Charles Parham, who was an American holiness evangelist, in 1900.
- Assembly of God Church was started by Charles Parham and Eudorus Bell in 1915.
- John Smyth is generally considered to be the founder of the Baptist Church in Holland around 1607; the first Baptist Church was founded by Roger Williams in Providence, Rhode Island, in 1639.
The Reformation, in time, produced thousands of Christian-oriented churches; the list is very long.