In this article salvation will be referred to as the Plan of Salvation, six steps.
The New Testament gives us salvation through the obeying of the gospel. When oneself has the desire to be saved he must believe, repent, and be baptized. Believe in Christ and his teachings, repent of his last ways of directing his life, and be baptized into the church, then follow the teachings of the New Testament.
When baptized you become a member of the church (the (body of Christ), body being a metaphor representing the church as a whole and are called a Christian.
Here Paul tells us Christ has power over all things and that the church and his body are the same.
Ephesians 1:22-23 (KJV)
- 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
- 23 Which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all.
When you decide to seek salvation and be baptized seek a Church of Christ as you want to be baptized into the correct scriptural church. Paul in Romans 16:16 calls the church, churches of Christ. When you’re baptized you become a member of the Church of Christ and then become a Christian.
As you grow in the church with continual studying of the New Testament be aware of what is taught in your church. If that church departs from the scriptures look for one that is scriptural. It may take some time before one is found, but one must be steadfast in his PERSEVERANCE of the truth.
There are six steps constituting salvation
- Be Baptized
- Live Faithful
Unless you hear about something you wont know anything about it, if its wort well, good or bad. We hear of the New Testament and salvation usually by what someone relates to us or by other means, I.E. reading of it, a sign in front of a church etc. Depending on how this influences the person they can go on from there for salvation.
Some verses on Hear:
Romans 10:17 (KJV)
- • 17 So then, faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
John 6:44-45 (KJV)
- 44 No man can come to me, except the Father who hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
- 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught from God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned from the Father, cometh to me.
Revelation 2:7 (KJV)
- 7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
To believe is to believe that Christ is the son of god and the next step is to repent.
Some verses on Believe:
Mark 16:16 (KJV)
- 16 He that believeth and is baptized, shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
John 8:24 (KJV)
- 24 I said therefore to you, that ye will die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye will die in your sins.
Acts 16:31 (KJV)
- 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)
- 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarded of them that diligently seek him.
Repent is to change oneself’s direction in life and follow a course set forth in the New Testament which is righteousness.
Some verses on Repent
Luke 13:3 (KJV)
- 3 I tell you, No; but except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Acts 2:38 (KJV)
- 38 Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 17:30 (KJV)
- 30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent