In the baptism process when being baptized and asked, do you believe that Jesus is the son of God and answer yes, your confessing that Jesus is the son of God.
Some Verses on Confess:
Matthew 10:32-33 (KJV)
- 32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
- 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Jesus asks whom say you that I am? Simon Peter answered, Matthew 16:16-17 (KJV)
- 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
- 17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
The eunuch confesses, then Philip baptizes him, Acts 8:37-38 (KJV)
- 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- 38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Here Paul is instructing in verse 10 with the mouth confession is made unto salvation, Romans 10:10 (KJV)
- 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Baptism puts oneself’s into Christ where salvation is found, past sins are pardoned and the remission of sin gives salvation. It is a commandment of god, the bible as we read it teaches us to obey god. Then baptism being a command is a necessary step toward being saved.
Some Verses on Baptism:
Mark 16:15-16 (KJV)
- 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
- 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Acts 2:38 (KJV)
- 38 Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 10:48 (KJV)
- 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Acts 22:16 (KJV)
- 16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
1 Peter 3:21 (KJV)
- 21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.