To bring attention to the mass confusion confronting the New Testament church in the present world brought about by the creation of thousands of unscriptural churchs, this part will focus on Revelation 12:1-6, which predicts the true church represented by the woman in verse 6 allowing a time period of 1260 days, interpreted to mean 1260 years.
First to introduce The Day for a Year Teary let us note, Revelation 11:3, 12:6, which reads,
“A thousand two hundred and threescore days”.
This metaphor A thousand two hundred and threescore days, in order for it to confirm with history needs to actually means years as to much transpired to only mean 1260 days. Which figuratively then can be assumed as, 1260 years.
These three scriptures mean the same thing.
- A thousand two hundred and threescore days, Revelation 12:6
- 42 Months, Revelation 13:5
- for a Time, Times, and Half a Time, Revelation 12:14
These Metaphors all represent the same number, 1260 days. Again this is where The Day For a Year Theory comes into this lost time period of the new Testament church.
This is the metaphor prophecy in Revelation pertaining to what happened to the New Testament Church
Revelation 12:1-6 (KJV)
- And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
- And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
- And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon,
- “and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born”.
- And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
- And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
- The woman represents the true Church
- The man child is Christ, Christ rose to heaven, Acts 1:9
- the Red Dragon is the Roman Catholic Church
The thousand two hundred and threescore days, in numbers, 1260 days again must be interpreted as 1260 years, because so much took place in history for this number 1260 days to mean days.
Note in this verse, one day with the Lord is as a thousand years, 2 Peter 3:8 (KJV)
- 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
The woman representing the true Church in, Revelation 12:6 is noted she would go into hiding for a thousand two hundred and threescore days, a metaphor meaning years to account for the centuries the true church was hidden.
Around 1798 the New Testament Church started to appear and return to the principles of New Testament doctrine, With the help of these men, wanting to only teach what it taught in their individual churches, James O’Kelly, Abner Jones, Elias Smith, Barton Warren Stone, Thomas and Alexander Campbell. The New Testament was on its way of reappearing.
You can go back from this time period, 1798 1260 years and establish the starting time at 538 A.D. In Revelation 12:6, where the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days, appears as the New Testament Church was visible up and to that time period.
In A.D. 533 Justinian, the emperor of the eastern part of the empire, issued a decretal letter solemnly recognizing the Roman bishop as “head of the churches.” The foregoing facts, Justinian, the emperor of the eastern part of the empire, have been gleaned from Elliott’s commentary, Vol. 111, pp. 151 to 160. Elliott was a church historian.
For the year, 533 is within five years of 538 and probably can be accepted, as it may allow for not being that critical on the 1260 years. Backing up the true church reappearing in 1798 and substantiating the Revelation prophecy is what happened in France under Napoleon Bonaparte emperor of France at that time.
Napoleon Bonaparte was emperor of France in 1798. The mass amounts of land the Roman Catholic Church owned in France was confiscated by the government set up by him.
Also his French General Louis-Alexandre Berthier, took Pope Pius VI prisoner on Napoleons orders. This was the “deadly wound,” received by the Catholic Church in Revelation 13:3.
In the same verse, Revelation 13:3,
“and his deadly wound was healed”
The Catholic Church did recover and went elsewhere. The Catholic Church home now is in the Vatican Rome Italy.