The answer of avoiding bad decisions in life is to become a Christian as taught in the New Testament and follow the advice of God.
Scriptures in becoming a Christians are listed here:
- Hear, Romans 10:17
- Believe, Mark 16:16
- Repent, Acts 2:38
- Confess, Matthew 10:32
- Be Baptized, Galatians 3:27, Matthew 28:19, 1 Peter 3:21
- Live Faithful, Ephesians 6:10-20, 2 Peter 1:4-11
I’ve displayed the following verses on Living Faithful, so you don’t have to look them up, but can study and (give thought to), reflect (to their meaning.
Ephesians 6:10-20 (KJV)
- 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
- 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
- 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
- 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
- 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
- 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
- 19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
- 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
2 Peter 1:4-11 (KJV)
- 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
- 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
- 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
- 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
- 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
- 10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.
- 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Finally the persevering and holding fast to what has been taught can receive the gift of ever lasting life.
Revelation 2:7 (KJV)
- 7 “To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God”
Once one is baptized into the New Testament church and becomes a Christian a child of God the determination and perseverance against bodily desires temptation exceedingly one will receive the reward of God, eternal life.