Comments on scripture can relate interesting and absorbent instructions and teachings, but actually reading the verses themselves straight from the New Testament puts an authenticated meaning before your eyes.
Here’s some scriptures on fornication and adultery:
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NASB)
- 9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
- 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:15-20 (KJV)
- 15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
- 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
- 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
- 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
- 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
- 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
2 Corinthians 12:21 (KJV)
- 21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.
Ephesians 5:3 (KJV)
- 3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
(Evil nations as harlots (whores) are refers to by God, Revelation 19:2 (KJV))
The words in the following scripture are in figurative language, but refer to Evil Nations which in past history did corrupt the earth, leaving that part of the time slot in disgrace or infamy.
Revelation 19:2 (KJV)
- 2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.