During the worship service these commandments are preformed.
Partake of the Lord’s Supper, Singing, Prayer and Giving:
Members partake of the bread and fruit of the vine during the church service which is called, the Lord’s Supper.
Matthew 26:26-29 (KJV)
- 26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
- 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
- 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
- 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.
Corinthians 11:23-26 (KJV)
- 23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
- 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
- 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
- 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord’s death till he come.
The only verses on singing are with the mouth and lips, (note voice), there’s no verses referring to the use of musical instruments in worship.
Many doctrines introduced by Catholic Popes going back centuries were retained in the denominations, including: instrumental music.
Progressing into the middle of the nineteenth century, we see musical instruments introduced into many churches.
Colossians 3:16 (NASB) attendants participate in group singing.
- 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Singing only, note no musical instrument noted for a melody.
Ephesians 5:19 (NASB), more group singing.
- 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Note making melody with your heart, again no musical instrument noted for a melody.
Hebrews 13:15 (NASB)
- 15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
The fruit of our lips, note no musical instruments noted to help in the singing.
A prayer or more is given during the worship service.
Acts 2:42 (KJV)
- 42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
A collection is taking during the worship service for the support of the Church.
1 Corinthians 16:1-2 (NASB)
- 1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I directed the churches of Galatia, so do you
- 2 On the first day of every week let each one of you put aside and save, as he may prosper, that no collections be made when I come.