As has been documented the Methodist Church got it start in England in the early 1700s by John Wesley, his brother Charles and George Whitefield. History traces them back as the founders of the Methodist church movement. This movement came out of the Church of England.
It began when some students including John Wesley, Charles Wesley and George Whitefield, met at Oxford University in England.
The Methodist Church one example of the thousands of unscriptural churches that have sprung up over the centuries as covered in this article is to vent on its practices and beliefs. what they preach needed to be exposed and is presented here for viewers to read.
Methodists take note, the New Testament says, 1 Corinthians 1:10, (KJV)
- 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
We are not to add or take away from the word of God, Revelation 22:18-19 (KJV)
- 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
- 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
An interesting verse in the New Testament mentions delusion, 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 (KJV)
- 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
- 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
- 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Unflattering names are found in scriptures in the New Testament that have been given to those not adhering to the New Testaments teachings.
An interesting thought is an influence by a delusion could be responsible for this saturated dilemma of unscriptural churches through out the world. That their founders influenced by a delusion could create these churches and their beliefs not found in the New Testament.
Of course an old term, muddying the waters, flooding the world with so called christian churches, allowing people a choice to pick the church they think is the most authentic, what hidden force could have caused this?
This article has been put together to raise question about what various Methodist church groups believe, teach, practice, in hopes of having them only practice what has been laid down by the New Testament.
The Methodist Church one example of the thousands of unscriptural churches that have sprung up over the centuries is reviewed in this article and is one article of six others in this Unscriptural Category disclosing their history and beliefs.
There has been a precedent set tracing back through history you can invent a new church at any given opportunity. The opportunity awaits you by obeying the gospels as given in the New Testament. They become a christian as stated in the New Testament, this web site has article designed to give accurate New Testament teachings or expose unscriptural teachings.
Start on this website by reading the Introduction. Learn about the bible then Salvation under the Category Church of Christ Doctrine. Get to understand what the New Testament teaches, become aware of teachings by reading the other articles on this site.
Once your decision to become a member of the Church of Christ your comprehension of New Testament teachings starts growing.
Add to your growing knowledge by preacher sermons at the church service, bible study classes are a great source for learning, there have been many excellent books written that give incite into New Testament teachings, also the internet has so many good web sites for articles expressing bible teachings.
There is much to learn from other articles on this site.