For what ever reason you have been putting off becoming a Christian you still have time, but time is running out.
The New Testament gives us many reasons for not procrastinating.
2 Peter 3:9-12 (KJV)
- 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
- 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
- 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
- 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
The parable of the 10 virgins:
Matthew 25:1-13 (KJV)
- 1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
- 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
- 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
- 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
- 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
- 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
- 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
- 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
- 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
- 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
- 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.• 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
- 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
This parable gives an example of how the five virgins that were foolish lost out and and the door was shut. And as set forth by the parable viewers that have not obeyed the gospel should take notice that time is not on your side.
The New Testament stresses the importance of obeying the gospel, now! not some time in the future. Once becoming a Christian your part is to teach others.
Scripture again are displayed here to impress upon readers the importance of not delaying.
A good place to start is to read the Introduction, then under the category, Church of Christ Doctrine study the Salvation article where you’re guided through the steps necessary of becoming a Christian. Baptism places you into the Church of Christ where salvation is found.