Homosexuality in this younger generation has become an acceptable norm. Here in the U.S. many states in the past few years allow same sex marriage.
A total disregard by Homosexuals wanting to marry is the time honored relationship of marriage between a man and woman.
An unfortunate dilemma for man can be desires that urge Morally unacceptable practices leading him down the wrong path in life. The wrong path can have significant consequences, where as the right can lead to a reward.
What is the right path, what does the bible say?
In Leviticus 18:22 (KJV) we see that homosexuality is an Abomination.
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
In Leviticus 20:13 (NASB) we see that homosexuality is a Detestable Act.
If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Some Acts God decrees be put to death, Leviticus 20:9-16 (KJV)
- 9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
- 10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
- 11 And the man that lieth with his father’s wife hath uncovered his father’s nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
- 12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
- 13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
- 14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.
- 15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.
- 16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
In a modern translation on Homosexuality we read, Romans 1:26-28 (NASB)
- 26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,
- 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
- 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,
To have a more complete understanding of this part of the scriptures read From Romans 18 to 32.
- 18 leads up to [Romans 1:26-28 and goes past it to 32.
A more complete list of the unrighteous that will not inherit the kingdom of God is seen in
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NASB)
- 9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
- 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
From these scriptures it is clear homosexuality is against Gods commandments.
Another unrighteous name in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NASB) is effeminate.
Strong’s Greek/Hebrew Definitions NT:3120 malako/$ malakos (mal-ak-os’); of uncertain affinity; soft, i.e. fine (clothing); figuratively, a catamite:
KJV – effeminate, soft.
1. A boy who submits to a sexual relationship with a man
Vine’s Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words…
malakos (malako/$, NT:3120), “soft, soft to the touch” (Lat., mollis, Eng., “mollify,” “emollient,” etc.), is used
A. of raiment, Matt 11:8 (twice); Luke 7:25;
B. metaphorically, in a bad sense, 1 Cor 6:9, “effeminate,” not simply of a male who practices forms of lewdness, but persons in general, who are guilty of addiction to sins of the flesh.
Vine’s definition of effeminate in 1 Corinthians 6:9 sums it up.
Metaphorically, in a bad sense, effeminate, not simply of a male who practices forms of lewdness, but persons in general, who are guilty of addiction to sins of the flesh.
The New Testament offers a way out of this chosen life style.
In this life obeying the gospel leads to a rewarding future and afterwards to eternal life.