Sitting around one Sunday afternoon with my grandson, he started reading from a Facebook page with his Smart iPhone that had some inspiring bible verses.
So I listed them here, the Verses are from the King James Bible (KJV), but I added a little more of the verses. One verse only came from the New American Standard Bible (NASB), Hebrews 10:23 (NASB), because it is a little clearer than the KJV verse.
These bible verses are very comforting at times to read as they are inspiring.
Matthew 11:28-30 (KJV)
- 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
- 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
1 Corinthians 1:27 (KJV)
- 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.
Psalms 34:15 (KJV)
- 15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
Ephesians 1:7-8 (KJV)
- 7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
- 8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
Psalms 91:2 (KJV)
- 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Matthew 5:14-16 (KJV)
- 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
- 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
- 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
John 8:32 (KJV)
- 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
“All great changes in America begin at the dinner table.”
Psalms 34:4 (KJV)
- 4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
Joshua 24:15 (KJV)
- 15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Matthew 19:26 (KJV)
- 26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
John 15:13 (KJV)
- 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Romans 8:28 (KJV)
- 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)
- 14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Psalms 90:14 (KJV)
- 14 O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
Psalms 143:8 (KJV)
- 8 Cause me to hear thy loving kindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.