Each day the world goes through a multitude of endless unending routines and man participates without. having to do anything to control it. Nature provides us with everything to support life on the planet.
There’s just the right amount of oxygen in the atmosphere and in the ocean to sustain life. Food is grown in the fields and animals are raised for there meat. The sun comes up in the morning and sets in the evening. The ocean tides are high then low twice a day.
The earth is rapped in a blanket of life, from the mountains with their pine and fir trees, the jungles teaming with life in tree topped canopies, endless counts of mammals, birds, insects, sea life. How can this endless amount of life be comprehended or grasp with the mind? The mysteries of the universe are limitless.
A person could have 50 to 75 trillion cells in their body depending on their size. The amount of atoms in the human body according to one source for an average 150 pound person could have up to 7 followed by 27 zeros.
Science explains a vast amount of how things work on the earth and in the universe. Still much of how everthing is held together and what controls this is unknown.
Some scientific discoveries.
- Light travels at 186,000 miles a second.
- The sun is 93 millions miles from earth, and the moon is 250,000 miles away.
- The earth spins as it orbits around the sun, given us night and day. As the planets circles the sun it tilts on its axes producing the seasons.
- The galaxy the earth is in is the Milky Way, its width is 100,000 light years across and 10,000 in depth. The distance a light year is roughly 6 trillion miles.. Multiply 6 trillion by 100,000 and you get 600 quadrillion miles Of course 1 light year is easier to calculate than 600 quadrillion miles.
- The closes galaxy to earth is, Andromeda 2.4 million light years from ours.
- The latest scientific estimate on galaxys is 400 billion.
- The largest galaxy on record is IC 1101, slightly over a billion light years away.
The size of this elliptical galaxy is monstrous, measuring in diameter 6 million light years (as compared to the 100,000 light years of the Milky Way), and some what 60 times as large. It has reported over a trillion stars in it.
- Stars have to be measured in our galaxy because of distance restraints.
- The largest known star in our galaxy is VY Canis Majoris, a red hypergiant star. Some 2,000 times the radius of the sun, VY Canis Majoris is like an impossible giant. Replacing our Sun with this star, it’s radius would reach out further than the orbit of Saturn.
- The reason for these astronomical amounts and sizes displayed here is to give a perspective of what we are surrounded with, the shear size and vast distances are overwhelming.
- The incomprehensible size of the universe, its creation lends to the term, all powerful.
- What put this together, where did it come from, all this is incomprehensible?
- What created this vast amount of matter?
God has these Three characteristics:
- Omnipotence, Omnipresence, Omniscience
- Omnipotence: having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force, all powerful
Creative Genesis 1, Almighty Genesis 17:1
- Omnipresence: present everywhere, simultaneously, Jeremiah 23:23-24
- Omniscience: having total knowledge, knowing everything, Isaiah 40:14
The New Testament says this in John 1:1-3, 14 (KJV)
- 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- 2 The same was in the beginning with God.
- 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.